WELCOME TO WINSHILL MEDICAL CENTRE
We strive to provide a safe and friendly environment for patients to access high quality medical care. Our principal aim is to encourage, educate and support all patients in making a real difference to their health and wellbeing.
Please have a look through the website, and if you would like to register as one of our patients, or if you have any further queries/comments, please feel free to contact us.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, to protect ALL our patients and staff, we have had to take preventative measures. We will no longer be offering face to face appointments at the surgery unless your request has been triaged by a clinician. Please phone us in the first instance where we will offer a telephone or video consultation. Please do NOT come to the surgery. If you have an upcoming pre-booked appointment we will contact you prior to this. The situation will be reviewed regularly.
Please do not hand in written prescription requests in case we have to work remotely. We would ask you instead to use one of the following options:
- email to the surgery at firstname.lastname@example.org (due to the volume of requests we cannot reply to each one so ask instead that you set up a read receipt request when sending)
- using online access if you have signed up for this service
- by phoning your pharmacy (please do not make this your first option as their phone lines will be extra busy at this time)
(Please can we kindly ask you not to request an early issue of your medication, any such requests received will not be issued until they are due)
- We will be sending all prescriptions electronically to your nominated pharmacy rather than you calling in person to collect.
- We will send sick notes for non-coronavirus related issues to you as an attachment via text or email.
- Sick notes for coronavirus isolation can be obtained via the NHS 111 website on this link: NHS 111
For Coronavirus help and advice please check out the links below
(Site updated 23/05/2020)